Newton's Nook Designs #52 Sketch Challenge



Hello! I am back with a card for the Newton's Nook Designs #52 Sketch Challenge.
See the challenge post here!
For my card today I stamped these adorable two cats using the Newton's Nook Newton's Christmas stamp set and coordinating dies. I colored them using Watercolor Confections Decadent Pies and The Classics watercolors. I love these paints! There are such beautiful and vibrant colors included! I colored the male cat with 04 Carrot, 32 Sweet Jam, 08 Sailor, 25 Frosting, and 05 Canary. For the female cat I used 11 Slate, 26 Silver Pearl, 32 Sweet Jam, and 02 Candy. Then I decided to pull out my Lawn Cuts Stitched Rectangle Dies. I cut out the second largest die and cut it out of Neenah Solar White 80#. To split it into three sections, I grabbed my MFT Stitched Basic edges die. Then I used the C.C. Designs Heart Drop Stencil with some of the new Distress Oxide Inks, Faded Jeans, Fossilized Amber, and Picked Raspberry. I decided I needed a circle to place my cute critters on so I used my C.C. Designs Circle Layering Dies with some of my MFT Cotton Candy 100#. To add some extra interest I used the stencil again with the Picked Raspberry ink. Before adhering I thought that that circle needed something extra, so I found a piece of Peppermint Divine Twine. For my sentiment I used Pink and Main Love dies with some MFT Cotton Candy 100# and Razzleberry 100#. To finish off my card I cut myself a card base out of MFT Cotton Candy 100# paper.

That's all for now! Hope you're crafty days are long and fun! -Clara 

Comments

  1. What a sweet card! Love your coloring and stenciled background! Thanks for linking up with the Inky Paws Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamped hearts are purrfect for those loving kitties! Super cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge! Hope you join us for our next challenge which starts tomorrow--August 14!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!
-Clara

Popular Posts